Yes, it’s absolutely true! The direction a person sits in and the direction that the workstation or desk faces, has a significant bearing on how productive and successful the individual will be in the office or place of business.
As per Vastu Shastra, the East is by far the best direction to face, for peak work performance and all-round mind-body integration. The scientific reason for that is simple: The sun rises in the east, making it conducive for financial growth.
Next best is facing North and else the Northeast is preferable. Vastu directions conducive to financial prosperity are north and northeast. Facing the north or east while working is very auspicious and makes you feel fresh. After all, the northern direction is ruled by Lord Kubera, the God of Wealth.
In fact, the type of work you are in and your occupation, also influences the recommended direction you should face at your place of work. We cover a few key examples of vocations for better understanding:
- If you are a professional or in a service industry the east direction is recommended as it gives growth in all senses
- Entrepreneurs should sit facing the north, east or north-east direction as it is considered auspicious
- Traders should sit facing the north or the north-eastern direction for financial prosperity in their field
- Marketing and sales professionals should sit in the north-west direction, in a way that the seat must face the north-east direction to ensure professionals are more proactive at work
- Accounting professionals should sit in the south-east corner at work and face the north-east direction for increased wealth
- Business heads should occupy a cabin in the western part of the office. They should face the north-east direction as it helps improve leadership skills
- The main head or owner of the business organization must face North while working or dealing with clientele
- Northern or eastern sides are suitable for executive and other staff
- Managerial level and other high-level people in the office must be made to sit in Southern or Western portion so that they must face North or East while sitting in the office
Divinity World further elucidates the rule of thumb to be kept in mind, for the directions which are favorable and which should be completely avoided:
- If you are struggling at work with concentration, focus, decision-making or any other mental functions, or it’s a relatively easy thing to change your home or work station/desks orientation, change it so that you are facing true east
- If east is just not possible, go for north as your second-best option.
- If you can’t get exactly east or north, go for north of east or east of north. The north-east direction is governed by water, which is indicative of a person’s financial status, according to Vastu Shastra
- West is not a good direction as there are more negative energies than positive energies in this direction. So, you should not keep a desk facing west in your office. One wise thing to do is to sit on the other side of the table so that you face East
- South and West directions are considered unfavorable and should be avoided where possible