Vastu Shastra is the ancient science of architecture that originates from India’s Vedic tradition, which is based on the fundamental theory that all things in the universe have a level of energy and that every building or land has a vibration of energy associated with it. The universe is built of positive and negative energy and Vastu aims at eliminating the negative energy and enhancing the positive energy.
Vastu gives us a set of principles for the construction, layout and interior design of our houses, to help balance the vibration of the energies and the 5 elements of natural life force which need to be aligned with the associated direction for each element with respect to the Sun:
|Magnetic field of the Earth||
|Gravitational attraction of the Earth||
By following these principles, we are able to bring harmony between the man, nature and the universe and thereby bring all-round positivity, happiness, health, wealth and prosperity at the home. There are some simple yet fundamental checks that you can perform to analyze the Vastu compliance of your home:
- We check the placement of the house on a plot before anything else.
- Next we check the placement of the rooms and the position of the doors.
- Study the Magnetic Fields covers at the house.
- Re-evaluate the internal arrangements within the home.
Doing these checks are essential to avoid setbacks in your lives in any of the various facets of life, be it monetary, health, social respect aspects, just to name just a few areas. Here are some basic Vastu guidelines that will attract harmony and abundance at home in the vital areas of our lives:
A. Vastu Tips for Overall Well Being:
- Always keep the corners of the house bright as they are powerful sources of energy.
- If you want to balance off everything peacefully, then the place for the candle is the centre of the home.
- Place a Tulsi plant in the North-East direction of the house to transform the negative to the positive energy in the house.
- Do not place a cactus inside the house as it is considered as a negative plant which affects health & relationships of the members living in the house.
- Avoid a spiral staircase in the house as that invites negative energy in the house. The number of stairs in odd numbers are good. Even numbers especially multiples of 10 should be avoided.
- If you’re having trouble with finding a job, place a Lord Kubera Idol in the North direction of the house.
- Lord Ganesha idol facing towards the entrance of the house ensures optimistic results in life and clears obstacles from your life.
- Remove any non-working clocks in the house.
B. Vastu Tips for Improving Family Relationships:
- Place happy pictures of your family in the Northeast of your house to bring happiness in your life.
- A temple in home strengthens the positive energy and clears the home of negative vibes. Reserve a special place for pooja in your home. One should face towards the East or North while offering prayers.
- If the relationship among the family members in the house is tense, placing a white sandalwood statue at a place where you can view it multiple times passing by it, will help ease the tension.
- Sandalwood Statue will create a harmonious relationship among the family member of the house.
- If there is a dispute among the male members of the family, keep a small branch of Kadamba tree at home to ease the tension.
- If there is a dispute among the female members of the family, try not to wear red clothes at the same time or on the same occasion.
- Do not put up pictures depicting violence in the house as that attracts negative energy.
- To minimize fights & trouble between family members, place a wind chime with crystals in the bedroom.
- Overhead beams are constructed to support the structure, but we must be careful that no beams should run through the centre of the rooms. These beams may cause a disturbed mind since it blocks the positive energy and communication of mind.
C. Vastu Tips for Good Health:
- Make sure you sleep with your head towards the South for a sound sleep but never the North.
- The centre of the house should always be left empty or with very light furniture. This ensures the free flow of energy without any restriction. This is the exact reason why in the olden times, homes had an open courtyard in the centre of the house.
- Imbalance of fire element causes sickness in the house. So, to balance it, the best place for a fire element like stove or fireplace, is Southeast or Northwest direction of the house.
- Avoid placing mirrors opposite to the bed as mirrors reflecting a sleeping person creates a problem of energy drain, causing sickness.
- If someone in the house is unwell, keeping a burning candle in the room would help them recover faster.
- Growing citrus fruit plants and keeping them at the entrance of the house invites good health into the house.
- Lord Hanuman is the protector of health. Keep an image of Lord in your pooja room or anywhere in your home. Just make sure Lord Hanuman’s picture or idol is facing the south to ensure the good health of the family.
D. Vastu Tips for Academic Growth:
- For better concentration, student must face the East or North while studying.
- Keep space of a few inches between the wall and the study table to ensure the flow of energy.
- The study room should not be below a beam and using a neutral or light colour scheme in the room will enhance learning power.
- The bookshelf should be placed on the Southern or Western wall. Avoid placing the bookshelf above the study table.
- Make sure there is no reflection of the books in the mirror as that increases the pressure of studies.
- A well-lit lamp on the South-East corner of the study table will energize the luck in education.
E. Vastu Tips for Financial Prosperity:
- Since the Main door is the entry for the energies in the house, keep it clean and decorated for attracting wealth.
- The colour purple represents wealth, hence painting the walls of the house purple would be beneficial. If repainting the walls is difficult, you could keep a money plant in a purple coloured pot as a substitute.
- The cash locker or almirah where you keep the cash should be kept in the South or South-West wall of the house, so it opens up to the North of the house.
- Placing a mirror right in front of the cash locker is another way to attract wealth. It symbolizes that your money has doubled!
- Keeping water bodies in the North-Eastern part of your house symbolizes the flow of constructive energy. You could place a water body like a small fountain, water garden or some other water body show-piece.
- Clear Cobwebs as soon as you discover them as they hinder the financial growth of the family members.
- To avoid financial loses, make sure you repair leaky faucets, taps or any faulty plumbing.
- Another very simple remedy for attracting money in Vastu is having a bird feeder in the North-Western part of the house.
- Fishes help purifying the home and having an aquarium in the North-Eastern part of the house will be beneficial, and make sure you keep the aquarium aerated & clean.
- Maintain a free flow of air in the house & for a better flow of wealth, wind chimes on the entrances ensure the cash flow.
- For financial gains, placing Goddess Laxmi’s picture or idol near the entrance is beneficial.
- A very common Vastu belief is that keeping a flute in the house keeps away financial troubles. If you’re facing troubles with your education or career, hanging 2 flutes will be beneficial.
We at Divinity World will be happy to assist you in your journey of making your home both Vastu compliant and blessed with positive energies to keep your family members healthy, wealthy and wise.